G4S, the company contracted by the UKBA to take care of large chunks of the deportation and detention process, will have а booth at the City Future Job Fair in Brighton on the 4th of June from 10:00am-4:00pm, which happens to be the same week as the European-wide Week of Action against the Deportation Machine.
The job fair, organized by Brighton & Hove City Council, the Evening Argus, and Job Centre Plus (who also employ G4S Security in their Brighton office), is meant to give Sussex “the chance to visit over 30 key employers with hundreds of current job vacancies all under one roof.” G4S will be one of those 30 employers. (See: www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/jobs-fair)
Groups throughout Brighton are issuing а statement to the Council that it is unacceptable to invite a company to participate in the job fair with such а horrendous and well-documented record of rights abuses towards migrants.
Join us in complaining to the City Future Job Fair sponsors, Brighton & Hove City Council and the Argus for allowing G4S to have а stall in this job fair. Also contact the Brighton Centre (run by the Council) for its role in hosting and organizing the event.
Brighton and Hove City Council
· Location: King’s House, Grand Avenue, Hove, BN3 2LS
· To make а complaint, online form: www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/index.cfm?request=c1191434
· Online form: www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/index.cfm?request=b1153064
City Employment Initiatives Team
· Brighton Town Hall, Bartholomew Square, Brighton, BN1 1JA
· Phone: (01273) 296397
· Email: email@example.com
Argus (Brighton’s main local newspaper)
· Location: Argus House, Crowhurst Road, Hollingbury, Brighton BN1 8AR
· Phone: 01273 544 544
· Fax: 01273 566 144
· Editorial Editor: Michael Beard, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01273 544 501
· Letters to the Editor: email@example.com
Brighton Centre: Please contact Debbie Matthews, in charge of conferences
· Location: Kings Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 6GR
· Phone: 01273 290131
· Fax: 01273 779980
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org